The benefits of Check Up and Cleans
From Invisalign to Teeth whitening we offer a wide range of complex dental procedures here at Centric Dental. We find that one of the most rewarding and
beneficial procedures for our patients is the regular check-up and clean!
Sometimes, however, with our busy lives it’s easy to forget to book in and sometimes we do not see a scale clean as an important part of looking after
our overall health. Some patients even feel slightly embarrassed or uncomfortable if they haven’t been in for a while!
We would all agree that it is not a good idea to put it off any longer and with our 24/7 Facebook messaging service, booking in has never been easier.
Dr Ilic will always encourage you to brush and floss regularly, to use an electric tooth brush and to have your 6 monthly check up.
Plaque build-up can contribute to many dental conditions and cannot always be easily removed with brushing and flossing alone.
Here are 5 good reasons to stay on top of your 6-monthly check-up and cleans:
- A Scale Clean will help reduce bad breath by removing plaque build up and bacteria in your mouth!
- It will contribute to reducing decay because the plaque and bacteria which can slowly eat away at the enamel is removed
- Keeping your gums and teeth in good condition can benefit your overall health – many studies have found that there are links between
your general health and the state of your teeth and gums.
- By removing plaque in impossible to access areas, regular scale cleans can reduce the occurrence of inflamed and bleeding gums – this in turn reduces
the risk of gum disease – the leading cause of tooth loss.
- You can save money in the long run because, when you come in 6 monthly, if there are any dental issues, we can treat them early and
avoid more costly procedures in the future.
So if you haven’t had a clean in a while – it may be a good time to start looking after yourself and book in!
Just give us a call on 46261541, text us on 0468546051 or message us through our Centric Dental Views Facebook or Instagram pages. Hope to see you soon!